Monday 5 October 2009


Rita Angus

Rita is an artist that I recently came across in Auckland Art Gallery, I have always been a fan of stylised art and the majority of her work is done in this style. She is one of the most famous and popular artists in New Zealand. The country that she lived in offers so many incredible places to express artistic flair. Her work is mixed across most areas of interest, portraits, landscapes, etc. the reason I link stylised art over more conventional realism is because I liked to view the world in a different way, and artists must be viewin the world through a different mind to break down the different clouors and textures in the picture. Also the simplicity of it makes it appealing to me as I regard simplicity as a very import quality that can be exploited and benefited from.

No comments:

Post a Comment