Monday 5 October 2009


Joan Miro

One of the first artists that I looked at when I was at school after looking at Picasso, and other famous artists that are thrust upon you at school. The reason why he appealed to me is because of his use of colour and shapes that offer meaning that is not first understood. Most of his work is very bold and can be interpreted in different ways depending on the viewer. His gallery in Barcelona was very enjoyable and the bold style truly comes through when you see the scale of his work. He comes from Barcelona that has an impressive tradition in art and culture. His work inspires me to step over lines and not be afraid to try something even if it may fail. His work helps me to release the strange ideas that all designers have but suppress, as they may seem to be so strange that they be difficult to understand or to be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment